This is the user guide for the Board Solvers in iWordGuru (Word Games Word Puzzles Helper). User guides for other word finders and solvers in iWordGuru can be found at https://www.mnemosynch.net/word-games-word-puzzles-helper-user-guide/.
iWordGuru Board Solver finds all possible solutions for Scrabble like board games for a given dictionary. The games currently supported include Scrabble, Words with Friends, Words with Friends quick play, Wordfeud normal games, Word Chums classic games, and Word Chums quick games.
Board Solver operation instructions:
At the Board Editor & Solver page, you can enter (edit) the game board and solve it as follows:
- Tap a square in the game board to select the square and enter letters across from left to right (or erase the letter before the square).
- Tap the same square again to enter letters vertically, down from the square. Each tap on the same square will toggle between horizontal and vertical inputs.
- To enter a letter that was from a blank tile on the board (this tile will have 0 point), tap blank first, and then the letter. Just tap the letter for a regular tile.
- To enter rack tiles, there are two ways:
- Tap a rack tile to select a position and then enter letters using the keyboard. Notice the blank key.
- Tap the ‘FILL’ key to draw random tiles from the bag to fill up the rack. Tiles already in the rack will be kept in this case.
- After the tiles and letters on board are entered, tap ‘Solve’ key to see all solutions for the selected dictionary.
- In the solution page, you will see the list of solution words and their scores. You can tap a word to see the placement of the word on the board. If you tap the highlighted word, the word will be placed on the board (and remove from the rack), and the app moves back to the editor & solver page.
- Tap ‘FILL’ to randomly fill the tiles.
- Tap ‘CLEAR’ to clear everything and reset the game.
- Tap ‘DICT’ to select a dictionary. For Scrabble and WordFeud, use ‘Scrabble US’ (TWL 2022) for US and Canada games, or ‘Scrabble UK’ (SOWPODS, 2022) for international games. For Words with Friends and Word Chums, use ENABLE. You may also choose to only use common words with US/UK common or ENABLE common, or use the largest word list in the app (Largest in app).
- Double tap the board to enlarge or shrink it. You can also use gesture to enlarge and shrink the board.
The following are the special keys on the keyboard:
- ‘FILL’: fill the tiles by drawing random tiles from the bag. The bag contains all tiles for the game (each game may have different number of tiles), subtracting the tiles on the board.
- ‘CLEAR’: clear up the board and tiles (reset game).
- ‘DICT’: Tap this key to select the dictionary. For Scrabble and WordFeud, use ‘Scrabble US’ (TWL 2022) for US and Canada games, or ‘Scrabble UK’ (SOWPODS) for international games. For Words with Friends and Word Chums, use ENABLE. You may also choose to only use common words with US/UK common or ENABLE common, or use the largest word list in the app (Largest in app).
- ‘HELP’: launches the browser to show this board solvers user guide.
- ‘GET READY’: The grey ‘GET READY’ key is informational and has no effects. When more than 1 tile is enter, this key will turn into a green ‘SOLVE’ key.
- ‘SOLVE’: The green ‘SOLVE’ key appears when at least 1 tile is entered. When the key appears, you can tap it to solve the board and see all solution words in the solution page.
From the Editor & Solver page, you can tap the arrow at the left of the App Bar on the top of the page to return to the main menu.
The Solution (Next moves) page appears after you fill the board and tap the green ‘SOLVE’ key. The page shows the board and all potential moves found (words and their placements) and their scores. The moves are grouped by the number of tiles used. For each tile size, the moves are sorted by the score. Following actions can be performed in this page.
- Tap a solution move (word) to display the word on the board.
- Tap a selected move one more time (tap a solution the second time) to place the word on the board (and remove tiles in the word), this will also move app to the Editor & Solver page.
- Tap the information button to the right of each solution word to google the meaning of the word.
- Tap the ‘Get the next 20 moves’ or ‘Get the rest ?? moves’ button at the end of the displayed words for each size (this button is there when there are more solution moves of the size than those displayed) in the solution move list to add more solution moves on display.
- Tap the arrow at the App Bar (upper left of the screen) to go back to the previous page where a new board can be entered and solved.
Besides Scrabble, Words with Friends, Wordfeud, and Word Chums, the app also supports custom game. You can build a custom board game by selecting the board size (7×7, 9×9, 11×11, 13×13, and 15×15), tiles from a game (scrabble, Words with Friends, etc), long word/Bingo bonus, and the game dictionary. After that, you can customize the game board by dragging and dropping special squares (double word, triple word, double letter, triple letter, quadruple letter) to and around the board, and customize the letter points. Once the game is built, you can then save & exit. After this, the custom game is ready to be used by the editor and solver. You can use custom game for variations, random boards, special boards of Scrabble, Words with Friends, WordFeud, Word Chums, other Scrabble clone board games.